On the 5th of June the premiere of our latest Film-Theatre Comedy Show took place in Amsterdam.
This time it was in Spanglish or better said, in Spanish and a (tiny) bit of English.
A play with
foxy TAPAS and
tasty MUSIC and CINEMA!
"Puta" (slut) is a extremely mean word that many mums don't allow to use. If you look it up in Wikipedia you´ll find that: "In Roman mythology, according to Arnobious, Puta presided over the pruning of trees".
But, what does "puta" really mean?
If you want to find it out, come to our newest Comedy Show: ¡Putas!
A comedy with TAPAS and.... in Spanish!
On Saturday 5th June, 20:30 and a matinée on Sunday 6th June, 14:30 by Het pleintheatre.
The tapas eaters were there a couple of hours before the play emptying the fridge of the theatre...
I've heard it was HOT will I be able to see it again?
Maybe... we're working on it. Be patient but, above all, send us your money. Don't forget we're sluts!
COMPETITION "YO SOY EL MÁS POBRE"
We already dared the crisis with ridicously cheap prices (8€ play/13€ with tapas) but on top of that we also gave away a few VIP tickets to the audience that could prove - in their way - that they were really in need/were the poorest.
Thanks for all the participants which happen to be the winners too: Patricia and Andrea
Theatre cast (in order of darkness colour of the skin):
- Astra: Clara Cendrós
- María: Cristina Bolis
- Eva: Aida Mussach
- Justin: Peter More
- Voice Auntie: Angela Mussach
- Voice Costumer: Rick Phelps
- Soundtrack and decor: Michalis Androutsopoulos
- Lighting/ Vj tecnician:Quim Llorens
- Poetry:Sílvia Fernández Coll
- Photography:Hans Schepp
- Poster design:Clara Cendrós
- Theatre assistant: Luís Durán
- Format, script, director and producer: Aida Rodríguez
you'd better start learning some words here:
Frequently asked questions:
- I don't speak Spanish, will I get anything? We were saying "please, don't you chicken out and come whether you speak Spanish or not. .. you'll find out why..." The truth is... EVERYONE Spanish and non Spanish speakers claims to have understood everything. Are we that easy? Next time in Japanese!
- After the show, will I be able to chat up Penelope Cruz and Antonio Banderas? Some of us did.
- Are they playing too? We didn't even asked them. We have a much better cast so much in their role!
- Is it true that one actor in a previous show couldnt' find Het Pleintheatre? Totally true so... if you have never been there... take your time and look the address in the map.
- Was that actor named Lolu? We'll never answer that question...